Policies and Procedures
As part of our continual assessment on how to respond to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, additional measures are being implemented to protect the health of the community. Upon your attendance at your court appearance, we respectfully request you follow the following guidelines:
- Only individuals scheduled for court, intended to be called at trial witness, attorneys, and city employees may appear in person
- All individuals must maintain at least 6 feet of distance between each other
- You are strongly encouraged to wear a mask
- If you have proof of insurance coverage as of the time your ticket was written and would like to provide it to the city prosecutor, at least three business days prior to your appearance, please email the insurance card and case number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are sick, have recently been exposed to anyone testing positive for COVID-19, or are high risk, stay home and contact the court as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com to schedule your virtual appearance
Pay a Ticket
If all violations on your ticket have a scheduled fine amount, you may choose to pay your fines, court costs, and assessments prior to your court date. To be excused from your court appearance, you must pay the full amount of the fines, court costs, and assessments.
Whether you are paying for your ticket prior to your court date or after you have been found guilty, you may look up your fines, court costs, and assessments online or call the Court Clerk to request the amount. Please wait three (3) business days for this information to become available.
When you choose to pay your scheduled fines, court costs, and assessments prior to your court date, you acknowledge that:
- You are the defendant and that you are pleading guilty or no contest to the charge(s) on your ticket.
- You will be found guilty of the charge(s).
- You are waiving your right to a trial.
- You are waiving your right to an attorney.
Online Payment - Pay your ticket online now. Your ticket number, date of birth, and a valid email address are required. All online ticket payments include a $1.25 processing fee. You will see the full amount to be charged prior to submitting payment.
Please contact City Prosecutor Dan Reynolds for information regarding diversions. A link to the General Diversion Policies, and Pretrial DUI Diversion Information and Application can be found in the Quick Links below.
Court Session Hours
The Municipal Court office prepares the docket for 3 regular court sessions a month:
- First Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. - Arraignments for traffic and city code violations
- Second Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. - Trials
- Third Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. - Arraignments for misdemeanor criminal violations
- Fourth Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. - As needed