News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/27/2019 4:35:34 PM to 7/20/2019 12:00:04 AM.
Posted on: June 27, 2019
[ARCHIVED] June 2019 Sales Tax Report
June 2019 Sales Tax Report
- June receipts totaled $158,263, which is an INCREASE of $11,082 from June 2018, or up 7.5%. Please look at the Graph II, “June 1% Sales Tax 10 Year History” in the attached report.
- Sales tax receipts are up 4.3 percent for the first six months of 2019, or $1,003,974, which is $41,286 over the first six months total in 2018 of $962,688.
- On a straight-line projection, sales tax budgeted for FY2019, with six months reported, would project at $2,007,948 or $52,860 over our FY2018 actual amount of $1,955,089.
- Also, on a straight-line projection sales tax budgeted for FY2019, with six months reported, would project at $76,848 over our budgeted amount of $1,931,100; this would be 4.0 percent higher than the budget.
- After six months, we have collected 52% of our budgeted amount.
- June 2019 amount is the highest dollar amount for the month of June since 2015 (see bar chart “June 1% Sales Tax 10 Year History).
- The Compensating Use sales tax portion made up 12 percent of the $158,263 total ($19,070). See the bar chart on page three, “2019 Sales Tax – One Percent General Fund/Compensating Use Sales Tax and Sales Tax.”