Please be aware that Gov. Laura Kelly has issued a stay-at-home order for all Kansans effective at 12:01 a.m. Monday, March 30.
See the official executive order here: https://www.independenceks.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1879/Executive-Order-20-16
A few points you need to know:
- You can still travel in the community to access essential services – like groceries, medications, pet care needs, fuel, etc.
- Essential business functions and workers are exempt from this order. Please review the order to see if your work is identified as an essential function.
- Restaurants/bars/breweries/liquor stores can still operate but must provide carryout and curbside pick-up service only.
- Grocery stores and convenience stores/gas stations are considered essential businesses. They will remain open.
- Hair/beauty salons, clothing stores, entertainment businesses would fall into the non-essential services category and are strongly urged to close.
- More information on the COVID-19 situation and response in Kansas is available by visiting www.kdheks.gov
- “Stay at home” does not mean you are confined to the interior of your house. You certainly may – and certainly should – take advantage of the beautiful spring weather to take a walk and enjoy other outdoor activities.
- Family gatherings are exempt from this order, although the general rule of social distancing and keeping your gathering to 10 or fewer is still emphasized.
Use your best judgment and common sense, Everyone! The entire world is figuring this out together. These orders aren’t designed to penalize you, they are designed to protect you and your neighbors.